- What Personal Data is collected from you, how it is used and with whom it may be shared;
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your information; and
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
Scope of Policy
We comply with the United Kingdom’s Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, We are the data controllers and sole owner of the Personal Data collected on this Site.
“Personal Data” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as:
- Your first and last name, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address
- Your company name and address (if applicable)
- Any payment information
- Any account-preference information you provide us
- Your computer’s domain name and IP address, indicating where your computer is located on the Internet
What We Do With Your Personal Data
It is always up to you whether to disclose Personal Data to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to provide you with any information, products, or services.
If you do provide Personal Data to us, we will:
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission – although unless you opt-out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as news about our services and products, modifications to our Terms and Conditions, scheduled maintenance and any other communication deemed relevant to the continuance of our services and use of our Site;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of our users or others; this may include exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
When We May Use or Disclose Your Personal Data
Service Providers. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your Personal Data to third parties that help us provide our services or provide services on our behalf. Your Personal Data may be maintained and processed by our third party service providers in the United Kingdom or in other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Data for their own marketing or other purposes.
Online Advertisements. We do not share Personal Data about individual customers with advertisers. We may display online advertisements and we may share aggregated and non-identifying information about our users that we collect through the order process or through online surveys and promotions with certain advertisers. In some instances, we use this aggregated and non-identifying information to deliver tailored advertisements.
Law Enforcement and Special Cases. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about users upon a valid request by government or law officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process to protect your rights, or the rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to stop activity that we consider illegal or unethical.
Other Information We Collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as cookies, your browser type, your geo-location, etc. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Site, research and development, customer and account administration, and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
External Data Storage Sites
We may store your Personal Data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
Correcting/Updating Personal Information. If your information changes, or if you no longer desire our services, we will endeavour to provide a way to correct, update or remove your Personal Data in our records. In most cases, this can be achieved by emailing us at (email@example.com)
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access details concerning the Personal Data that we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. A small fee may be charged for access requests.
Opt Out. By default, users will receive system updates and other notices. You may opt out by using the unsubscribe link in any promotional email or as otherwise provided in the communication. You may also update your subscription preferences by logging into your account. Please note that you may not opt out of receiving important system notifications or emails about your transactions.
Public Forums. Please remember that any information you may disclose or post on public areas of our Site becomes public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Personal Data in these public areas. To request removal of your Personal Data from our community forums, reviews or testimonials, contact us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Data, in which case we will let you know why we are unable to do so.
How we Protect Your Personal Data
We employ well-established technological security measures to safeguard our systems and your Personal Data. However, we cannot control all the users and activities on our Site and elsewhere, and therefore we cannot guarantee that such information will never be compromised. Further, these measures do not guarantee that your Personal Data will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. By using our Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume this risk.
UK Based Service
Our centre of operation is in London, United Kingdom. Your Personal Data, therefore, is held in the United Kingdom and any transactions are processed in English Pounds. As such, all information is held in accordance with UK laws and procedures, which may differ from those in other countries. By using our Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to these data policies.
Questions or Comments?