If your outgoing transaction has been pending for a long time there's a chance it was dropped by the network. You can check its status by looking it up on a block explorer (tap on the transaction in your history > View advanced transaction data > Show in Block Explorer). If the block explorer finds your transaction, that means it's still waiting to be confirmed and you'll need to wait longer. If the block explorer can't find your transaction (404 error, says it's missing, etc), that means it has been dropped. To resolve, tap on the three-dot menu to the right of your wallet on the main screen and then tap Resync.
Articles in this section
- I forgot my username and/or password, how can I access my account?
- Why can't I find the pending transaction ID in any block explorer?
- How to recover Tether if I accidentally sent into a Bitcoin Address?
- How to recover my BCH if I accidentally sent it to Bitcoin address?
- Why do I get an Invalid Address error when sending or receiving LTC/BCH?
- Why am I getting insufficient funds and why can I not send?
- How do I view my Transaction ID?
- I just sent funds to my account, why isn't it showing up?
- Why is my transaction still Pending?
- Where can I enter and view my Bitcoin Wallet's Public Seed?